The Bayou {February 14, 2011}

This past Monday, Valentines Day, was my first night away from Reagan.  I got to spend some time in Louisiana for an old friend of mine who is currently deployed in Afghanistan.  He contacted me a while back to organize a surprise for his wife- having me flying out for newborn pictures.  I was so excited waiting on the call that he was here- new baby Sam with the cutest dimple chin and head full of black hair you've ever seen.  His wife Tiffany was awesome and I thoroughly enjoyed visiting with their family.   I have always had a special place in my heart for our soldiers and their families, but this put things on a whole new level for me.  In a strange way, being able to enjoy this little person before Eric could felt like cheating!  No one else should get to know his son first! I am such a sap that I can't even thank a soldier for his service without tearing up, there I go just thinking about it, and the monumental sacrifices they have made for our country. I didn't know what to say when Caroline grabbed the keyboard and the mouse, pointing to the screen saying "Daddy!" and then when she kissed his picture to say night-night to him before bed.  I KNOW if they Skyped with him while I was there I would just loose it.  Tiffany is a strong woman is all I can say.  Sam's big sister Caroline was the cutest thing, so enjoyable, and reminded me a lot of Reagan.  I scooped in at bath time without hesitation to take over Caroline's while Tiffany had the baby.  That's what mom's are programed for right?  I was supposed to be bathing someone that night!  I'm going to have a HORRIBLE time missing Reagan and Junior in Vegas, but then I just think of how lucky I am.

So here's a few from the trip, short and sweet after all my blubbering ; )
Photobucket

Baby Sam
Photobucket

Tiffany... just beautiful.
Photobucket

Miss Caroline
Photobucket

Photobucket

Thank you Eric and Tiffany, for everything.
Photobucket

Mike and Wendy  – (2/19/11, 6:46 AM)  

I'm a total sap for our soldiers too! Partly because my dad was one and I understand what a sacrifice is, but I think I'd be a sap anyway!
I don't know if you take Reagan to the library much, but next time you're in there you HAVE to check out a book called 'The Impossible Patriotism Project'. I cry every time I read it to the kids!

Sarabeth  – (2/21/11, 6:09 AM)  

Adorable pics and I agree about a special place for soldiers. Eric is an example of the priceless sacrifices they make for us here at home.

Love the pics!

Post a Comment

Visitors

ds1
ds1

Blog Archive

-

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP