Wheeda wheeda {October 1, 2010}

Photobucket

When I started this blog years ago, it was just to share pictures with family.  We started planning for Reagan, and it has turned into my way of keeping a journal so she can hopefully enjoy it one day. (I need to have this printed into a book...)  I guess since life has been a little busy, I realized I don't give myself the opportunity to post about all the little things.  I've gotten so behind with this little family blog, that I only post the big trips or events, and the icing gets left out.  So... that is what this post is all about.  All of Reagan's words (wheeda wheeda is everyone's nickname...?) and some of our favorite things to do. 
Get ready for a cute post overflowing with muffins.  : )

Photobucket



So.  My baby is no longer a baby.  We just went for her 2 year visit last week, and she is in the 90% on height and weight!  Dr. Hanna said she looks like a 2 1/2 or 3 year old.  I guess I never stepped back to see it, she's just 'my muffin' and I never even noticed.  That's my girl!

Photobucket



She LOVES to watch TV.  If I let her, she would like to become a TV zombie.  All I have to do is change the subject and she can be redirected, but it still makes me cringe.  I have always said I never want her to just SIT in front of the screen, but I've learned to cope as long as it is educational.  I try to only let her watch a couple shows a day though.  Our favorites are still Word World and Super Why, but we have some new videos that we love also.  Nemo and The Sound of Music for favorite movies, and the whole Leap Frog series is awesome. 

Photobucket

Photobucket

We practice reading numbers and letters, ALL. THE. TIME.  Reagan has picked up a lot from her videos, and the last few letters she had a hard time with caught on from the Leap Frog Letter Factory. K, C, G and J are the harder ones (K sounds like T) but we're getting there. 

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Such a happy girl.  I love the way she pronounces... everything.  She still uses traces of her little made-up 'sign language' and it makes me sad everytime something is replaced with a word.  It just means she's growing up, and I have such a love/hate feeling about the whole thing.  I LOVE the little girl she's becoming, and HATE to see the baby go.  (She does still call herself "Baby"... hehehe!)

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket


Whenever we can, we try to get out and enjoy the fall weather.  We have had some beautiful days, and love to take her to the park.  When we were deciding about her birthday party (so grateful it was a PERFECT day by the way), this was the first thing that came to mind.  Her favorite place to play.  : )

Photobucket


Oh yeah.  Another favorite place to visit is Tracey's barn.  The last couple months she has been less interested in the horses and more in the rocks and the tractor.  Rocks.  That was also the highlight when we went on the cruise a few weeks ago (that post another day.)  I leave her in a pile of gravel and she's thrilled.  She is a girl, right?  Oh well, it cracks me up because she still doesn't like to get dirty.  Go figure. 

Photobucket



By far, one of our BEST purchases was this little picnic table.  We officially packed up the highchair and this is now our new kitchen table.  We've never really sat down as a family for dinner since Junior works evenings, so Reagan and I eat all our meals here.  We take it out on the deck on pretty days to color, and even brought it to the park for her birthday party.  It's perfect.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket



Photobucket

Counting:
One day, Reagan woke up and decided, "I'm going to count today."  We count EVERYTHING now.  Flowers on her pants, number of pancake peices on her plate, stairs as she climbs them, you name it- she can count it. We have always gone over her numbers, but she all the sudden within a few days of starting, was counting 1-6 like a champ.  And even someone who doesn't understand her "language" would understand her.  Within a week of that, she was counting to 12.  Well, she reeealy says the first half of all her words, not sure why.
Here's 1 through 12:
"Wuh, tooh, thee (or dee), fough, fye, sis, sey-beh, yay, nye, teh, leh-beh, tweh!"  And the croud goes wild!


Photobucket

Photobucket


Nap time.
I am so proud of my girl.  She has always done well with her sleeping schedule and still takes a 2 hour nap from 4-6 that I have to wake her up from.  Then it's bath at 8:30 and bed by 9:15ish.  (Knock-on-wood) I am so happy she sleeps though the night, and pretty much has since she was 3 months old for about a 12 hour night.  I can only hope that our next baby (some day, don't hold your breath) sleeps that well.  It took a few hard nights when she was little but it was for sure worth it.  She has been an easy baby to put to bed, and always enjoyed her time reading by herself.

In the last month, she has stopped wanting me to read to her before bed.  I still leave her book in the bed, but I'm pretty sure she never even touches it after I leave the room.  She loves to hop in and waves "bye bye wheeda wheeda" and kisses me through the rails.  I know things change, believe me, but I want her to kiss me thought the rails forever.  She squeezes her little face and makes the cutest little pucker noises EVER.  It completely melts me, and her Daddy.

Photobucket

Oh!  The best part about bed time! 
Getting to put on her new and improved JAAAMMIES!  Oh yeah baby, they have belly button holes.  All of them.  We've been sending them home with Nani and she brings them back one at a time after she fixes them.  She so geniusly thought of crossing over two button holes so there's a little trap door. 
POP!
Mom got her new sewing machine and it has a fancy 'set it and go' button for making button holes.  Hummm... I see new outfits in Reagan's future.  I really wish I was set up for sewing, amongst other things.  I love creating and could really kick butt if I had the time and money.  Going to Hobby Lobby just reminds me of how little time I have for those things, and all the sudden remember all the projects I want to start.  Any and all of it- pottery, beads, decorating, ribbons, sewing, and oh the fabric trimmings... they really make my mind race.  Boo hoo.  Someday I will be the busiest retired old lady : ) 

Photobucket

Like the un-matching jammies?!  Yeah, this would have drove me crazy a year and a half ago, but I had let her pick them out.  That made me happier.

Photobucket


Well, hope you enjoyed my scattered rambling, and maybe got to take a little 'muffin-to-go' for your back pocket.  {I wish I could sometimes ; ) } 

Til next time~
Photobucket

Mego –   – (11/6/10, 3:27 PM)  

You & Pete have the best little girl in the wholeeeee world :) I love my Reagan :)

Nani –   – (11/9/10, 3:20 PM)  

OK. The shot on Nana's sofa with her legs crossed. I've GOT TO HAVE IT!

Marti  – (11/12/10, 10:04 AM)  

Soooooo, I think I girls need to meet...soon! You still want to try and do each others Christmas pics this year? My husband would love to pick your brain over how you finish some of your photos.

Post a Comment

Visitors

ds1
ds1

Blog Archive

-

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP