Reagan 19 months {May 21, 2010}

Photobucket

The Oven Mit
A lesson on cleaning up after ourselves.

When I am cooking Reagan likes to think she's going to help me by getting the oven mit. 
This time it was carried over to the computer and dropped on the floor.

"Pick it up Reagan, carry it to the kitchen."
"Nah!" (with wrinkled brows and a toss of the mit to the floor again)
"No Reagan, pick it up.  We have to clean up afterourselves."
"Nah!" (as she picks it up again, and throws it this time.)

I haven't really done 'time-out' nor have I really needed to, but thought I'd try it.
Carried her over to the rug in the living room, and told her to sit.
She pouted, quietly, and laid face first on the floor.
About a minute later she was up and in the toy box.  Okay, she's over it. Good.
BOY was I WRONG.

She pulls out an oven mit from the toy box, I didn't even know I was missing, carried it to the edge of the living room, and made this grunt/whine to get my attention. 
When I looked at her, she gave me 'THE LOOK' and
YES...  SHE DROPPED IT.

OH NO SHE DIDN'T.

It was everything in my power not to bust out laughing, so I held it together, stomped over there, and made her pick it up.  I carried her hand and the mit together over to the drawer with her feet running to catch up.  Plopped it back in the drawer and "Yay Reagan!  That's how you clean up!"

It actually worked.  She has done better the last few days and just today she opened the mit drawer and stood there waiting on me to look at her.  She pulled it out with this blank look on her face, and dropped it.  Maybe she thought it was a dream the other day. 
I just scoweled at her and she picked it up and clapped for herself. 

I love this kid.  : )



Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This is Reagan's permanant do.  The pigtails just don't stay up well enough and get rubbed out in her carseat.  We love her little Cindy Loo-Who do.  Her Daddy can't stand how much he loves it. 




Photobucket

Photobucket



Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket

Photobucket



Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

'Helping' us in the last few days of the Braddock house.
Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket
Photobucket

Loving on her Daddy : )

-PS-
Don't forget to check your 'Daily Dwight' now and then : )

sarabeth –   – (6/20/10, 3:34 PM)  

i love the hair do!

Post a Comment

Visitors

ds1
ds1

Blog Archive

-

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP