August 2008

August 1st, I had an appointment with my OB, Bartley, for a regular check up and sugar test. When I went in, they pricked my finger, and had me drink this straight sugar, orange flavored drink I had 5 minutes to down, and then drew blood 1 hour later to see how my body is digesting the sugar. They called me back the next day that I had failed. My levels were suposed to be below 140 and they were 160. But you know, "don't worry, the next test isn't too bad, it's 3 hours long, you have to fast, and they draw blood 5 times." Yeah. Can't wait.



Well I went back on August 14th (on a day off) and planned things to do the rest of the day so there was SOMETHING to look forward to that day. Well, they bruised my arms up, which still haven't healed all the way. But the rest of my day was fun! I called dad for lunch, we went to California Dreamin' and then I treated myself to a hair cut. When Beth got off work, she met me at Babies R Us with Anna to register. Ashton met us also, and we spent about 2 hours going through scanning all that looked fun. I really needed Beth there for her oppinion on some things, and Anna of course wanted to be involved in anything for Reagan. She is always asking "How's Reagan doin'? She's going to be here for my birthday, right?" She's very cited.

So, I got a call from Bartley on August 20th, telling me I have Gestational Diabetes. I have to start pricking my finger a few times a day, no sugar, which is basically all foods I have learned. My boss had an extra sugar test set I have been using, and so far I have had good levels. The diet isn't fun, but as long as Reagan is okay, I'm good.

Post a Comment

Visitors

ds1
ds1

Blog Archive

-

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP