Do we need a reason? {June 21, 2010}

Do we ever need a reason to remember a moment?

Photobucket

You don't ever need an event, a holiday, or a reason to pick up a camera and remember the day. 

For those of you who don't think is necessary, or can't think of a reason to have your family photographed, just do it.  Shouldn't LIFE be reason enough?

I know you all have an overwhelming love, for your child, husband, wife, or even your pet.  In just a few short years, your life will be completely different.  Every one of us.  You may have more children, different in-laws, or move from the home where your children were raised.  Any of these things are enough to completely change your family dynamics, and it will be hard to remember the way things are now. 

What you preserve in photographs today, will forever be a reminder of those feelings.  What was your family like before you had baby number 2 and 3?  It's hard to imagine, and hard to remember that pre-teen as a toddler sitting on your husbands shoulders.  And hard to remember your daughter before her hair even covered her ears.  If all you have is a house full of dogs by your side, you probably haven't stopped to think how much you really love them.



Photobucket

Photobucket

I want you to all look at your lives. What part do you not want to forget?
For me, it's every piece. I eat up every morsel of Reagan's little squeals, giggles, and pouty moments.
I know you all are aware and hopefully fans of my photography. I would love to help my friends and family remember relationships in their lives. I was planning on running a 'free family session' special for the month of July. But I want to think a little bigger.

I want all of you, for what ever reason, to let me step into your world for an afternoon and record what ever it is in your lives you want to celebrate. We can go to your kids favorite ice cream shop, plop down on the curb and go to town on their favorite treat. Your 3 year old pushing her new puppy down the slide in the back yard, whatever!

These pictures of Reagan for example. All I needed was a wet parking lot after a good Sunday afternoon rain, and I set her out to collect rocks. That's it.  No fancy backgrounds or complicated sets to fuss over.  Just a happy baby, out doing what she loves.

Those are the things I always want to remember.

And they will always be my favorites.




Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket


Okay now.
Don't just read this post, and go on about your day.
I want you to really think about who and what to celebrate in your life.
I want you to call me, as soon as you come up with your reason, or maybe call me to help you think of one. 
I will be doing these 'lifestyle' sessions through July for all of you.  No session fees and order what you love from your gallery online.  Tell your sister, your Mama, your cousin, your friends at work.  I appreciate all of your support, and there is no greater compliment than your referrals. 

: )  Here's to life!  I look forward to hearing from you!

Marti  – (6/28/10, 12:40 PM)  

The only reason we need is LOVE. I took pictures of my Ivy splashing in puddles the other day because it made her so happy.

And your photography is beautiful. My husband agrees and he's a photographer! I'm learning and slowly getting better.

Reagan is a cutie!

Post a Comment

Visitors

ds1
ds1

Blog Archive

-

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP