Ahhh... Weddings ; ) {June 2010}


Heaven for me:
 (besides anything Reagan does)
My shoot sac on one hip and Nikon on the other
A beautiful blue sky with rolling clouds and a couple in love in front of my lens


I just launched a new website, so now the Weddings and Portraits are separate.  Please check it out!  There was just too much information to cram in there, and I am LOVING the new site
 I have recently changed my logo too... you likey?

Just have to share...
I know I have a few photography connaissuers out there, so thought you might be interested in this technical stuff.
I am in love.
Junior just bought me my "DREAM CAMERA"  Nikon's D700
It kicks so much butt.  More than I could have ever dreamed.
I've been putting off upgrading my camera, because I just thought the next step up was the D3 (x or s, wasn't sure) which are MUCH more expensive.  Well I read a review on this D700 and was completely turned on.  I mean it took me a couple hours to fall asleep, so excited to find 'the camera.'
It is the perfect hybrid.
The most impressive thing, if I had to pick, would be the ISO capabilities.  You can push that puppy up to 5000, 6400 with out batting an eye, and it has very little grain.  I actually shot some at Carrabbas the other night in a dark restaurant, and they are beautiful.  My old camera could have never hacked it.  I like to shoot with as natural light as possible, obviously, and I feel like this camera was made for me.  There is something about the 'ca-ching, ca-ching' flashing during a special teary moment at a wedding that is not very attractive to me. 
Not to mention...
The full frame body, I just gained 50% more in the frame from the same lenses I already had.
The pop up flash the D3 doesn't have, which fires my SB900 off camera.  Awesome.
The 3 inch screen and quick finds to menu buttons.
The megapixel quality is superb.  I can tell a huge difference from the 200.

I actually didn't realize how much I don't like my D200 until I started using this one.
When we shot this weekend's wedding, the maiden voyage, I was prepared with both cameras thinking cool, I can shoot from 2 bodies.  Wrong.  I just spent extra time lugging around the old one and taking the lens I wanted off of it thinking, "the new camera is SOOOO much better."

Every artist needs their instruments to perform to their needs, and this one excels in every way I need it to.

Oh, and lens... hehehehehehe.
One of my dream lenses now adorns my hip, so beautifully, it just makes me smile to look at it.


It is the most perfect combination of glass I have ever encountered. 


I am a wide angle junkie, love those beautiful sky shots, and all about the architecture, so this is it for me.  No more days of being crammed in the corner of a dressing room and only able to see the back of someone's head!  Uhhh uhh uhh!

I'll share when I get my next couple lens.  I already have them picked out...
Nikon's 105mm Macro
We figured as my business grows, I can add on to the collection  : )  My goal is by the end of the year : )
Get ready Kyle and Brittany, here I come!

I linked up the reviews of the great Ken Rockwell for all my equipment.  He is for cameras like Drudge is for the news, in my humble opinion.  If you ever wanted to know about cameras, look him up!


So, I just got finished with Brandi and Rob's wedding and had to share a few.  It was a lot of fun, and I am shooting another reception at Belle Meade this fall.  Can't wait!








For fear of ever posting without a Muffin shot...  Tah-dah!
Reagan and her boyfriend Chris.
Aunt Ashton only thinks she is dating him, but we know who his heart belongs to.

Photobucket

{more of these to come...}

Post a Comment

Visitors

ds1
ds1

Blog Archive

-

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP