Fauline Maria! {April 2010}

A couple months ago Reagan watched The Sound of Music for the first time and has become her favorite.  I can ask her, in my best Julie Andrews voice, "would you like to see Frauline Maria?" and she runs to turn on the TV, grabs the DVD case, and hands me the remote.  Then sits patiently on her little couch, smiling at the movie case.  I have the soundtrack, and her whole little life we have always danced in the kitchen to
Do-Re-Mi and all the beautiful clean music that movie has brought to this world.  
This movie is TRULY my favorite of all time. 



We have watched "Fauline Maria" quite a few times now, and she has become very attached to her!  The other day, she was watching, very intensely as usual, and fussed when Maria left the scene.  "Ooh, ooh, ooh!" with her scrunched up face, and wrinkled brow. 

Later, right before you hit the intermission, she got VERY upset. 

It's the scene where Maria is leaving the house to go back to the Abby.  Maria takes one look around the house, turns to go for her luggage, and Reagan starts to panic.  She starts pointing frantically as if to ask me to stop her, and when Maria's hand hit that door knob and walked out that door, you would have thought her finger was slammed in it.  She let out the most heart-broken cry I've ever heard!  I actually had to calm her down, and fast forward to a happy "Frauline Maria" song. 

I tell you, if there were anyone I'd want her to be attached to it would be her.  She's my hero too.  I had to tell Junior the name M-A-R-I-A has to be spelled now, because she runs for the TV when her name is spoken in our house, and you have to commit at least 45 minutes before you can even distract her from the screen. 

This movie is a classic for very good reasons in my opinion.  It has the most gorgeous settings, and hasn't been tainted by the current world in any way. Just about all movies have something about them that I would do without. Deceit, killing, drugs, or even as mild as someone's clothing, how they carry themselves, or being disrespectful to others. Every little thing effects a child when they're growing up, and call me overprotective, but I don't want her exposed to all the negative out there. I've said on more than one occasion, 'Why can't we move to an island like on the show Lost?' I even take her to the mall and wish she didn't see some of the trash talking junk out there. I know, she can't live in a bubble, but I guess it's what Mommy's do, worry.


I hope in sharing this I have made some one's day : )

Nani  – (5/4/10, 4:40 PM)  

Gee, I wonder how it is you got attached to this movie... guess I concur...

Marti  – (5/5/10, 6:16 AM)  

You made my day! This was my favorite movie growing up too! I haven't watched it in a couple of years and haven't even considered showing it to Ivy but I will now! I bet I still know every word...I use to drive my Mom and Grandma crazy reciting all the lines and songs!

Megan –   – (5/5/10, 10:41 AM)  

I just want you to know, I am SO GLAD you all live up stairs :) It is a joy to be around Reagan almost everyday! Watching her grow up & blossom into this adorable little girl, is so much fun! I love your little muffin berry to pieces :)

-Megan

Post a Comment

Visitors

ds1
ds1

Blog Archive

-

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP