Why I'm here... {April 14, 2010 zoo trip}



I can't hardly stand it! 

I know I've got other things to catch up on, but I HAD to post a few from the zoo trip. 
I am slowly feeling like I'm catching up on things.  
Mostly because the pile of laundry, on both couches, is finally folded. 
I still have 6 lists of things I need to finish, random all over the house, and most of which is computer stuff.  Lately I've been setting up with new customers, sending emails/reminders, orders, and ordering new samples of some cool products.  Then I decided.  I have been wanting to upgrade my site to something a little different.  So I now have slapped a few DAYS worth of designing on my plate to top it off.  Did I mention Reagan just hit 18 MONTHS and boy does she fall under the typical.  Not really wanting other people, even Daddy, and little whiny at times.  She really is such a good baby, and I contribute the molers coming in to her occasional fussiness.  They are ENORMOUS!  They look too big for her tiny little mouth!  I swear only 4 more could possibly fit in there, but we are only up to 12! 





     I think the reality of trying to start up a business and be a full time Mommy is, well, EXCITING.
I really want to take on more with the business, and what has kept me so busy lately is just getting into the swing of things. For as long as I've been doing this, it is so exhilarating to be able to have things my way, my products, and my style. There has been this artist inside that hasn't really come out to play in years. I surprise myself everyday, and can't wait for every photo shoot, every wedding booked, every child born.  Sometimes I wish my camera battery would just DIE ALREADY so that I would stop taking pictures during a session.  Give me some good, cooperative models, and I could go on for hours.  The bad part is, I have to then edit ALL THOSE IMAGES too. 

Ah well... I love what I do. 

I don't think I could ever loose the passion that drives me to create my favorite form of art.  Photography  is the best way for us to look back and remember.  Details, feelings, events, anything really.  For a picture to paint what it was like to be in the moment.
When Junior held Reagan in the delivery room, her poofy hair that felt like dryer lint and her little booty in her first bathing suit at the beach.   All the little things are just as important to me, and I try to give those same memories to other families.  Also to approach a wedding with the same care and attention as I would wish for my own.
To remember your 1 year old's little scrunchy giggles and the way your husband flips her over his shoulder... those are the things that will soon be lost.  When I look back on Reagan pictures, I don't cherish the dressy formals any more than the playing pictures.







It's all about the moment we were in at that point in our lives... and being able to capture it.

That's why I'm here.

Post a Comment

Visitors

ds1
ds1

Blog Archive

-

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP