Girly-girl... {March 21, 2010}



17 months old.

And she knows what to do with the cell phone. 

Scary.


This little girl is quick!

She picks up everything you say, and relays what she wants in her own unmistakable way.  For only saying a few words, and pronouncing some letters, she communicates VERY well.  For the last few weeks, she has a new way of getting what she wants.  She will of course grab your hand and drag you, which she's been doing, but she will put your hand on what she wants too.
 
"I'm hungry"  =  Mommy's hand on the fridge handle

"I want to color outside"  =  Reach for the top of the fridge (where the crayons are kept) and then put Mommy's hand on the front door knob.

"Read THIS page, not THAT one"  =  Grunt grunt grunt, turn the page, and put Mommy's finger on the CORRECT letters to read

"I can do it myself"  =  Mommy can NOT touch my spoon while I'm eating

You get it...
She is a very opinionated child!

I'm so proud...  She knows her whole alphabet, can pronounce most letters, knows all her colors (but black), knows all her shapes (even oval vs circle, rectangle vs square vs diamond), and every animal I can think of...  Now we're working on the numbers.  I know she soaks everything up, and she knows what I'm saying, but she hasn't really reacted to the number thing yet.  We'll get there in the next couple weeks I'm sure. : ) 

Post a Comment

Visitors

ds1
ds1

Blog Archive

-

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP