Becca, past and present--- May 26, 2009






Photobucket

Well, when Pete and I started dating, this young lady was only 14 months old, and now she's about to turn 15 YEARS OLD!


I feel old when I think about back when we had a little baby Becca around. I remember following her with the video camera on her first day of school, she gave Dawn a hug, "bye mom, see ya" and she was off. Now she only has 3 years left till graduation.


Our trips to the beach, and seeing her in little floaties. I miss how she used to pat the recliner and say "come read me a story!" to anyone who passed by. The first dinner I was invited to at the Hawkes house, she entertained us with her magic tricks. She would hide her hand in her sleeve, "Where did it go?" 2 seconds later... "There it is!" She was so proud of herself.


In a way we are so proud of who she has become, even though she isn't even ours. I hope in some way Pete and I have had a positive influence in her life, because we love her very much. Truly, she doesn't know her family without me in it, which is awesome to think about, and I can't image not having her all these years either. She's a great kid.



Summer 1996, Becca turning 2 years old!

Summer of 1999, Becca turning 4 years, right after I graduated.






Post a Comment

Visitors

ds1
ds1

Blog Archive

-

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP