Disney Day 1 ~ Downtown Disney {October 1, 2011}

Disney.  Was.  Incredible. 

We drove down to Orlando Friday with Alden in our car and Ashton with mom and Dave.  Everyone got 5 day park hoppers and we squeezed all 4 parks from Sunday to Thursday.  I could have stayed another week if my feet could take it : )  Reagan was great (most of the time) and had SO much fun- she would ask me before a ride to get the 'bideo tamra' ready, so she could watch it back after we got off.  So funny, but she watches our home movies on the video camera so much I have to charge it twice a week!  I know I have forgotten a lot of my childhood, and the little video I've seen brings back waves of memories, so I'm sure at this rate she will have TONS of tidal waves smack her one day : )  








 The Hilton Grand Resort was awesome!  This was the view from our room!!!  We have a time share (passed down from Kaki and Granddad) so we stayed a couple miles from the entrance to the parks.  Mom and I did the research for this trip almost a year ago, and chose from the RCI website slew of hotels- I wouldn't have changed a thing.  I completely recommend it, it was beautiful!  The pool completely rocked, our room arrangements were great, hotel pizza was perfect, great staff, and only 5 minutes from Disney. (Except having soft water would have been nice, my hair felt like pine straw all week... blah)
You could walk over the bridge through the center of the resort, pass one building and you were in the Orlando Outlets.  Not that we were outlet shopping for this trip, ha!







Fountains next to the pool, more hotel pictures later in this post : )

 


Saturday:
Downtown Disney!
Since I was the official planner for the trip (probably lost hair over~) I designated Saturday to be our no-park day to explore Downtown Disney



The best place in Downtown was the 'World of Disney' store.
It is THE largest Disney store that just kept going and going... spreading 50,000 sq ft! 

This was Reagan's reaction when we first walked in... priceless.

Let's say I teared up more this week than I have in the last year.





This is for you dad~






PERFECT LUNCH!!!

We wandered in the T-Rex gift shop, and they were able to seat us right away for lunch- never thought it possible on a Saturday.  That place was SOOO cool!  Reagan loved it and the food was great.  The restaurant was broken into different rooms, all having a different theme.  The meteor showers were cool too!













During the meteor showers the dinosaurs all came to life, awesome.








Back to the World of Disney...
I love this picture~



These princesses were outside the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, and I cannot WAIT to take Reagan someday when she's a little older.  Mom even commented how she would have taken us as kids in a 'skinny minute.'   The boutique was so beautiful, and I even teared up (again) seeing the faces on all the little girls sitting in the fancy little






I just barely got this picture!  I was over examining the princess dresses, I look around for everyone and they are letting Reagan get sprikled with pixie dust... without me!!!!!!  Oh My GOSH!  She had already been sprinkled by the time I got there, and you couldn't WIPE the smile off her face!
 "I have peen-tals on me mommy!" 
Yeah, yeah, it's not like they would tell the lady no because I wasn't there, but... but!

She was SO proud ; )






This ENTIRE statue is made of lego's!












One of my fav's~ 

Love you guys...




We went swimming Saturday evening, and the pool was so nice. 
Little cold, but the hot tubs were Reagan's favorite anyway. 













Waiting her 5 minute cool down from the hot tub-







The new Too-Whitz dress!  Guess what she's going to be for Halloween?! 
She LOVES wearing her 'up shoes' (aka: high heels)  : )






The playground was really nice, and she had Pops help her on the high stuff- 
Then she helped him : )






Feeding the fish in the resort pond/lake









Mom had the jacuzzi tub in her room that Reagan thought was GREAT!  She slid down the back rest like it was a slide : )  Oh, and I know how the picture looks with Junior, but she really wasn't hitting her daddy!  They play and put bubbles on each others face... everytime he's home at bath time-
 that's why I LOVE that picture!  : )




The planning committee...
We all sat on the couch at night to figure out the next day and go over the schedule-
...while Alden updated fb : )



Did this seriously happen in one day?! I narrowed down to this folks! Ridiculous...



Day 2, Epcot next : )
Photobucket

mehwetz –   – (10/12/11, 7:50 AM)  

INCREDIBLE :)

Post a Comment

Visitors

ds1
ds1

Blog Archive

-

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP