Big Girl Now- {August 2010}

Photobucket

I guess it happens to everyone, but I have just recently lost my baby.  She has been replaced with this little girl, so CUTE I can't hardly stand it.  Here's a few random things to update you on...

MUFFIN:
Her new talent is the ability to open doors around the house. Trouble. Dead bolts, safety latches, and door knob protectors are in full swing.

Still practicing her letters, and the LeapFrog 'Letter Factory' video is her fav right now. She can pronounce her G and W, which were pretty pitiful until now.  Only a couple more to work on. 

Nemo is still her favorite movie, which will probably be how we decorate her birthday cake this year. Not sure yet... : )


Photobucket

ME: 
I have been shooting a good bit of sessions lately.  With my fall weddings coming up I have been getting in engagements and bridals at the tail of the summer.  I've had some wonderful customers, and what makes me even happier is that they have all been thrilled with their images.  I've done some maternity's and families and have a couple newborns due this fall.  I got so excited about the newborns that I have all new props and am DYING to start using.  I am still doing free sessions for now, and having your refferals is what helps more than anything.  Your confidence is greatly appreciated and I am thrilled to see my client list grow.  I look forward to shooting a lot more families this fall- (perfect time of year, and good for Christmas cards) and alway check in on the site for new work being posted.  I will be adding a 'raves' section to my site too, to share some kind words from my happy customers.  Thank you everybody!

Photobucket

MUFFIN:
Reagan used the potty! Only once though, a few weeks ago, and I can't seem to get her back on it. She always tries to make herself too busy to stop and use the potty. Like I'm just distracting her. I started a couple days ago keeping a container of chocolate chips in the bathroom as bribery. She gets one if she at least tries, and I plan on giving her 3 if she actually goes. We'll see what happens, I'm in no rush.


Photobucket


JUNIOR:
Junior has been spending his mornings with his girls lately, since he's been working mostly evenings.  We have been horrible about eating out for lunch lately, but when you're already out and Firehouse is calling... you know.  We really do enjoy eating out together though, and Reagan can eat the heck out of an Italian Sub and a brownie. 
The properties are all doing well (knock on wood) and Junior is always looking out for another good investment.  A few days a week his afternoons are spent meeting with people or driving neighborhoods looking for 'for sale' signs.  Trying to stay busy!
This fall we have a good bit of weddings lined up which he will accompany me to.  Becca or Ashton have been helping me for my other appointments, but Junior is always there for the big events : )

Photobucket


MUFFIN:
She no longer needs story time in her rocking chair before bed.  It kind of makes me sad... After her bath and getting in her jammies, she goes straight to her bed and tries to climb in. 
*Daddy's pillow, check. 
*Ladybug, check. 
*The 'Daddy book', check. 
*Her belly button and the tastiest thumb in the world, check. 
*A couple foam letters from the bathtub that night, check.

The perfect recipe for the perfect bedtime.

Her bed has become a favorite place to be lately.  I can't even get her up in the mornings most of the time because she wants to stay in there and play.  Sometimes I just have to go start breakfast and come back for her so she can read to her baby dolls.


Photobucket

Photobucket

US:
We have enjoyed going on little trips as a family and look forward to scheduling more as Reagan gets older.  We've been to the beach three times already this summer, taking zoo trips pretty often, plan on going to Biltmore this fall to see the trees turn, and have our cruise next month.  I'm going to start planning a Disney world trip for next fall around Reagan's birthday, and then we'll probably take another cruise next year sometime when we can get the most family together to go (Pete's side of the family this time.)  Whew.  Sounds like a lot I guess, but making memories as a family is pretty important to us.  And we have our parents to thank for the condos.  Without them we wouldn't travel NEAR as much!


Photobucket


US:
We finally got the "Reagan-mobile."  A 2005 Honda Odyssey that I am so madly in love with.  I love all my cubbies and extra space, and sliding doors, and, and, and.  Junior loves driving it too.  He keeps saying we should have gotten it two years ago.  Figures.  He's just trying to annoy me now. 
The only thing I could ever see doing is getting a newer one someday, but it is seriously the perfect 'dream car' for me.  We got Reagan a little DVD player to strap to my headrest and now I'm really driving a Swagger-waggonYeeeaaah baby.




Photobucket

Had to share this...
I have the best in-laws ever.  We always get together for Sunday night dinner at their house, and we meet up for dinner out a few times a month.  They are kind-of our "go-to" couple I guess.  HA!  I'm sure not many people would say that! 
Well as I am sitting here working on this post, I just got this text from my mother-in-law: 
"I love you" 
"Love you too, but what did I do?" 
"Just being you"
" : ) "
How awesome is that.  I wouldn't trade her for the world, and I don't think she would either : )


Photobucket

Til next time-

xoxo
Photobucket

Marti  – (9/8/10, 4:58 AM)  

I always look forward to your posts and pictures. We took Ivy to Disney this summer and she loved it! We are also planning a trip next October or so, my brother is getting married in October so we'll have to plan around that but get ready for the time of your life. I cried when I took Ivy!

Ashley Hawkes  – (9/14/10, 9:53 AM)  

You are not kidding, she does look so grown up! Love the updates and it's awesome that you are staying so busy with photography! You do an amazing job and I know you will go far!!
Luv ya!!

Post a Comment

Visitors

ds1
ds1

Blog Archive

-

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP