Breaking out... Finally! April 2009

Well, I think everyone knows how much I enjoy photography. Other than my husband and Reagan, it truly is what I'm most passionate about. I am thrilled to announce that I have finally decided to start a little business. It all started when Mom gave me the Canon Rebel for Christmas in 1997, and I have had a camera on my hip ever since.

The last year especially I've been busy shooting weddings and things for family and friends, and have had inquiries from people wanting to 'book' me, and wondered why not? Camera in hand is where I'm most comfortable, and I have created my own style and way of working over the years that has me excited to take on this challenge. Experience working with people, and learning my own self worth is what has helped me become confident behind the lens. Of course I have learned from working at the studio all those years, but really, I don't plan on doing anything the same. I love being thrown into a new environment, forcing myself to create new compositions and see beauty in any given situation. Weather it be the relationship between a groom and his bride, or a mother and her newborn, I love putting emotions on paper without using any words. For me, priority is having someone remember the feeling and mood of an event instead of just 'who was there.' I look forward to the flexible hours I can work around, since I still plan on being a 'stay-at-home-mommy' for my Reagan. My family's support in this decision has meant everything to me, thank you.



Post a Comment

Visitors

ds1
ds1

Blog Archive

-

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP